SW TRACK IS BACK!
Your 2016 district champion team’s put on a show this past Saturday at the Woodlands Christian Relays and let everyone know they’re hungry for more! From personal bests, to breaking school records and receiving medals, the Mavericks had one of their most successful season starts ever.
With a good mix of veteran and new runners, a high level of grit and motivation, and a competitive yet positive spirit, the Southwest track and field squad has chosen nothing less than success for 2017!
Honorable shout-outs include:
- The men’s 4x100m relay team receiving their first medal of the season and a new school record 46.69! (Nelson Arceneaux, Jabes Navarrete, Phoenix Ingram, Diego Lopez)
- The men’s 4x200m relay team with a new school record of 1:39.36! (Nelson Arceneaux, Jabes Navarrete, Phoenix Ingram, Diego Lopez)
- The men’s 4x400m relay team with a new school record of 3:56.19! (Nelson Arceneaux, Phoenix Ingram, Justice Ingram, Diego Lopez)
- Mya Potts set a new School Record and PR with a 30.35 in the 200m dash!
- Freshman Andrea Hernandez with a new school record and PR in the 1600m of 6:59!
- Freshman Andrea Hernandez with a new school record and PR in the 800m of 3:09!
- 2x district champ Mya Potts finishing 11th place overall in the 100m dash with a 14.03
- Lady Mavs FIRST EVER FEMALE RELAY 4x400m TEAM…(and more relays to come)!
- Special shout out to the brand new high school athletes for competing in their first ever varsity track meet: Fr. Andrea Hernandez; Jr. Liavanni Eaglin; Sr. Kaila Phillips; Fr. Nyja Quash; Fr. Rachel Soler; Fr. David Alvarado; Sr. Nelson Areceneaux; So. Angel Guzman; Sr. Luis Mendoza; So. Jesus Hernandez; So. Carlos Lopez